Friday, July 8, 2016

Honey Almond Butter

I have always wanted to make almond and cashew butter.  After my father in laws 90th birthday we came home with a whole can of mixed nuts. So I just had my dd pick out the almonds. Then I brushed off the excess salt. Walla. I added a touch of honey for a bit of sweetness. Now I have another way to get a meatless protein.
I could have gotten an even creamier texture but I don't have the best processor, besides i think it looks more like crunchy.
Nuts can be a bit pricey...plus I'm always making trail mix or some other quick treat.
Well who knew making a nut butter was this easy...The machine does all the work after you pick out
the nuts you want. So I made almond butter this time. Next time I'll make Brazillian...I love those.

Here's the recipe...

1 cup almond butter
a food processor
1 Tbsp. Honey

Instructions
Place the almonds into the processor
Close it properly
Turn on the machine and let it go until smooth....I took about 20 min.

There are 1000 ways to use Almond Butter. Literally anywhere you'd use peanut butter. Here's 5.

 Chocolate covered  almond cups
Almond Butter Glaze 
Almond Sauce for Pasta
Almond Butter Cream
Dipped pretzels sticks





No comments:

Post a Comment