Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Cracker Worthy Snacks: Egg Salad or Peanut Butter and Jelly

The Quick and Easy Snacks 
 Crackers


Egg Salad, I like mine a bit sweet so I put in fresh relish, when I can. I always start with four eggs, chopped, then gauge the mayonnaise(1/4 c.) and relish 2 Tbsp. at a time)

Seasoning: rule of thumb not too many dominant flavors at once...so cardamom or coriander...

  • Ground coriander (optional)
  • Ground cardamom (optional)
  • salt (fairy dusting, pinches)
  • pepper (fairy dusting, pinches)
  • minced sweet pickles/ or sweet relish in a jar, from the grocery
  • 1/4 c. mayonnaise or 1 part yogurt and 1 part low fat sour cream.
After the eggs are chopped place them in a bowl and season with a fairy dusting pinch of s/p. Stir in mayonnaise adding more as needed and relish. Pinch a bit of coriander/ cardamom to season. Gently mix/fold, so you don't break up too much of the chopped eggs whites. Taste. Keep in mind if you want it cold, once it's cold the flavors of the seasonings are muted a bit. Taste before serving and see if it needs more seasoning and serve with crackers or on toast, a top leafy greens, in celery or fennel heart. Go crazy with it!

Whole Wheat the beginning of a beautiful Friendship

Sometime we are in a hurry to go out to an appointment or famished when we come in. Just something quick to knock the edge off while dinner is cooking.  My dd doesn't even like Peanut butter nor whole wheat...A young man heard her exclaim her distaste for whole wheat anything, on the way to school one morning and agreed with her. I gave him a motherly look, but they both just laughed!
I never give up and I usually have to sneak it in cake, cookies, tortilla or biscuits, but I finally hit on a winner with crackers! Just try them I say. Put whatever you want on them. Serve with apple sauce and chocolate coconut milk!
Maybe I can get them to like beets next time. Wish me luck!

Subscribe to this page and get the skivvy on your next quick nutritional snack and stay ahead of the snack attack hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment